TERMS and CONDITIONS OF ISSUE,
Event Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Event Rules and Kill Switch Declaration
- The use of this Entrance Wristband shall constitute acceptance by the Bearer of the Conditions of Issue and imply an undertaking on the part of the Bearer to observe them and any other notice or regulation issued by the organisers and displayed at the Venue.
- The Organisers reserves the right to refuse admission to the Venue or eject any person from the Venue if, in the absolute discretion of the Organisers, the Bearer may be a risk to the safety of the event and/or affect the enjoyment of other bearers in the event and/or the running of the event, for example if the Bearer refuses to be searched upon entering the Venue or whilst at the Venue, acting aggressively or in possession of any item prohibited by the Conditions of Issue or undertaking any act prohibited by the Conditions of Issue or fails to comply with any lawful instruction issued by or on behalf of the Organisers. The Organisers reserves the right to alter or change the event programme, without prior notification. Refunds will not be issued should the programme be altered.
- The Bearer gives their irrevocable and free of charge express consent to the use of any photos , actual or simulated voice or likeness recorded or taken during the event in connection with the advertising, promotion or commercial exploitation of the event or any past or future event by the Organisers or any licensee of the Organisers in any media for any period throughout the world.
- Items prohibited by the Conditions of Issue shall not be brought to the Venue. Any permitted items used contrary to the Conditions of Issue and any prohibited items shall be confiscated without any liability on the organisers to safeguard or return such items.
- Your participation in any public event, private event, or activity associated with the Organisers, is at your sole & exclusive risk. The Organisers of the Bank Holiday Bash Fest event may refuse admittance, may charge additional fees, or ask you to leave the event at any time, and for any reason.
- The Organisers reserves the right to refuse to allow RC Cars into the Event Site and/or to require people to cease using such RC’s in the Event Site in the interests of health and safety or if required to do so by any legislation or statutory requirement.
- By purchasing advanced tickets and/or signing in and/or participating at the Event you acknowledge that a separate and fully working remote kill switch (and not a failsafe) has been fitted & tested to all petrol engined remote controlled cars whilst at the event.
- By participating at the event you also acknowledge you have fitted and fully working and tested brakes on any and all RC that will be in use during the Event.
- The Bearer must affix his or her own Entrance Wristband prior to entering the Event in accordance with the instructions which will be supplied by the Organisers on request with the Entrance Wristband. The Organisers will not be responsible for any damage to an Entrance Wristband not affixed in accordance with the instructions. The Organisers reserves the right to refuse entry to the Bearer where the Entrance Wristband has been incorrectly affixed and/or has been damaged or tampered with.
- All Entrance Wristbands remain the property of the Organisers and are not transferable, to those persons for whom the tickets were purchased as part of a group booking. Those persons will be subject to the Conditions of Issue which will apply as if he/she were the original recipient of the Entrance Wristband.
- The Organisers reserves the right to search all persons and personal property upon entry to and while at the Event. Glass items, candles, gas canisters, flares, knives, animals, fireworks, smoke canisters, poles or banners and any items which in the absolute discretion of the Organisers are considered to be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the event are prohibited.
- The Organisers have the right to examine any RC vehicle at any time to determine whether a working kill switch is fitted. If found that there is no working kill switch fitted, then the Organisers have the right to ask you to leave the event, and furthermore refuse access to any future event by the Organisers.
- You must book disabled/special needs Entrance Wristbands in advance by contacting the event staff ASAP on [email protected]
Any person under the age of 17 as at 12 June 2015 (“Youth”) but must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 17 or over as at 12 June 2015 (“Guardian”). Unaccompanied Youths will be refused entry to the Festival. Any Guardian is responsible entirely for the safety and welfare of any Youth in its party/group.
Any person under the age of 17 as at 12 June 2015 (“Youth”) is not permitted to enter any RC track area for any reasons what so ever at any time of the event.
Children must be accompanied by a Parent at all times on the event site.
If the event is cancelled, the Organisers shall not be liable for any costs or expenses wasted or incurred by the Bearer including, but not limited to, accommodation or transport costs, or any direct or indirect losses or damage of whatever kind.
Entrance Wristbands cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the entire Event is cancelled, in which you will be offered Entrance Wristbands at any rescheduled event (subject to availability) up to the face value of the Entrance Wristband or, if you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event or the Event is not rescheduled, a full refund.
Any breach of the Conditions of Issue will render this Entrance Wristband automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Entrance Wristband shall be withdrawn without any refund. For the avoidance of doubt, this will include refusal of entry to the Venue or ejection from the Venue, as applicable
The consumption of Alcohol &/or food are permitted in the Campsite only, no cans or glass bottles of any sort or type is permitted outside the campsite and need to be dispossessed of accordingly.
COOKING in the Campsite will be permitted on camping gas stoves (gas canisters up to 300g only) and disposable BBQs ONLY in designated areas. These must be used sensibly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Cooking on gas where installed in a campervan or caravans is also permitted. Cooking by all other means including open fires, BBQs (other than disposable) and any other kind of gas appliance is strictly prohibited and all such items will be confiscated. Cooking in tents is banned
Admission to the Venue is at the Bearer’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organisers hereby excludes any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property in or around the Venue during, before or after the event.
You also understand and accept any and all risks and/or dangers than can be and will be associated with the use of RCs no matter the scale or class of RCs in use at the event
You as a bearer to the event and/or participating at the event acknowledge you may be found liable for any damages to other RCs , and/or injuries to other bearers of the event weather you hold a valid insurance cover or not.
- Marshalling or entering of any track and/or any RC area(s) – You as a driver at the event have accepted that the track or said running area(s) can be a dangerous place to be, when and if you decide to enter any of these areas YOU have decided to leave any or all safe areas and YOU the bearer have made such a decision which then becomes your responsibility to keep yourself safe, You cannot blame or therefore claim off the event when you get it wrong. If unsure do not enter!!
You the bearer understand and agree that in connection with your participation in any event or activity, you may be exposed to a variety of hazards, foreseen and unforeseen. These risks may or may not be inherent to these events and/or activities. These risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury (including death), and damage and/or loss to your personal possessions. You accept that the Organisers have not tried to contradict or minimise your understanding of these risks. By signing in to the event you acknowledge that injuries, damages, or death can occur by natural causes, or by acts of other persons, or third parties. This may or may not be as a result of negligence of other persons, third parties, or other reasons.
You the bearer acknowledge that you are personally responsible for all costs and/or risks associated with participating in any activity within the Event. Not withstanding anything to the contrary herein, to the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to waive, and discharge any claim, and release the Organisers, hosts, agents, volunteers, partners, or employees, from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from injuries, and/or damages in any way connected with any event or activity whilst attending the Event. You agree and understand and intend that this assumption of risk, and release be binding upon you, your heirs, executors, agents, and includes any minors accompanying user at the Organisers Events.
These Conditions of Issue are governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Court. These Terms & Conditions constitutes a legally binding agreement between the Bearer & this Event. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit its enforcement in a manner most closely representing the intentions as expressed herein;
Dispute Resolution – In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between the Bearer and the Event, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the Organisers in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
Quadcopter use at the Event is strictly prohibited.
- Marshalling: Please note that all bearers to the event over the age of 18 may be asked to take part in marshalling of the track/event areas.
In the above the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
“Bearer” means the holder of the Entrance Wristband or ticket;
“Conditions of Issue” means these terms and conditions governing the issue and use of an Entrance Wristband or ticket and the terms upon which the Bearer is permitted to enter and remain within the Venue;
“Child” means a child of 16 and under;
“Event” means the Bank Holiday Bashfest event, or any Associated side event.
“event Site” means the camping areas, RC track areas & bash areas;
“Youth” means any person under the age of 17 as at 12 June 2015
“Guardian” means any person aged 17 or over as at 12 June 2015
“Organisers” means any and all staff of bank holiday bashfest and, where the context requires, those acting on its behalf such as stewards, security guards;
“Entrance Wristband” means an Entrance Wristband (and or ticket) issued for the event (whether or not for value) which includes all wristbands (and or tickets) issued by the organisers to include but not limited to Camping, Non- Camping, VIP and Guest ;
“Venue” means the event site and Campsite.
“RC” Means Radio Controlled , any item controlled by a remote device.
“Audience” means any other bearers attending the event
“Track” means a dedicated area in the form of a track layout for the use of RCs within the event.
“RC area” means a track area or area for general running of RCs also known as bashing with in the RC community.
“Quadcopter” Means a multi-rotor RC device.
Bank Holiday Bash FestMay 2015 rules & safety Info.
- All drivers MUST attend ALL drivers meetings/briefings.
- No fires! Only disposable & gas BBQ’s allowed, must be kept off the ground. All manufacturer’s instructions must be followed.
- No driving RCs in the Camping area what so ever. All R/C’s must be carried or transported out of the camping area to the dedicated running areas. (Testing engines on a work stand is permitted for fixing and maintenance reasons.)
- No starting or Running of R/C’s between 7:00pm – 9:00am. Running during the event between 9:00am – 7:00pm is permitted.
- No smoking or naked flames when re-fuelling R/Cs that use flammable liquids.
- No dumping of Petrol on the ground or any other areas.
- Please take your rubbish home with you, or place it in bins provided.
- All children below the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult around the track & camping areas at all times.
- anti-social behaviour shall not be tolerated at any point.
- Please be respectful of others around you when you are driving your R/C’s & camping.
- All racing decisions are made final by event organisers & staff
- Please be aware of Marshall’s on the track when using a track or bashing area and follow all directions given by them at all times.
- No revving engines when car is upside down while a Marshall is trying to pick the car up.
- No revving engines to get marshal’s attention.
- When your RC is no longer running on the track please return all TP’s to race control for others to use.
- NO STANDING ON JUMPs or walking over them what so ever.
- No more than 8 cars per running area.
- No entering the track areas with out staff authorisation at any time of the event.
- All RC drivers must stop running there RCs when a car turns over and/or a marshal indicates to stop.
- No one under the age of 18 must enter any dedicated running areas (track or other RC running area) what so ever under any circumstances.
- High Visvests are provided at dedicated running areas if unsure or unable to locate ask a staff or an event member.
- If picking up / attending to RCs on the track or areas gloves must be worn for protection, and YOU the participant must be aware of hot exhausts, spinning wheels and other dangers before attending to any RCs on the track or other running areas.
- By participating at the Event you also acknowledge that a separate and fully working remote kill switch (and not a failsafe) has been fitted & tested to all petrol engined remote controlled cars whilst at the event.
- By participating at the event you also acknowledge you have fitted and fully tested working brakes on any and all RC that will be in use during the Event.
- If for any reason any person (event staff / member of public / Participant / Animals) enters a dedicated running areas all drivers should stop any and all cars &/or activity at once.
- Any one not following these rules will be subject to a 1:1 session on safety talk with a 2hour running ban, any following action will see a full ban from the event and any and all future events.
- Stickly no use of any type or sort of cold Cutter tire or any other form of sharp object fixed to tires or wheels.
- No solid metal bumpers are allowed front or rear of any scale RC Car.
Revised: July 2015
If you would like a electronic copy or printer version please ask an event organiser.